www.vwforum.ro - Aircooled section - in English for foreign

MikeRG

Postare recomandată

For those who live abroad and are interested in the Romanian VW Aircooled scene, www.vwforum.ro, section Aircooled is now able to offer contact and information in English.

Please login and post your questions and we will be more than happy to come back to you with information.

Regards,

MikeRG

www.r-si-r-doctori-in-broaste.go.ro

Link către comentariu
Distribuie pe alte siteuri

• 5 years later...

Just wanted to say hi and see if I could find some people to pass on my thanks.

My girlfriend and I drove through Romania at the end of the summer through Bucharest, Pitesti, Sibiu, Brasov, Piatra Neamt, to Cluj Napoca and out to Hungary through Oradea. This was part of our 15,300 mile (24,600km) journey round Europe in our VW Type 2ab camper. We started in England and drove through:

France, Spain, Italy, Sicily, Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Rep, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium and The Netherlands - phew!! and we both agreed Romania was our favourite destination - by a long way!

While we were in Brasov at the start of October we met the Brasov Classic Rally and were helped in our hunt for camping gas by Seba, Leve and Nelu who were all very friendly. If they are on this forum I would like to thank them for their help.

17074_379406705143_759175143_10159604_7562579_n.jpg

17074_379406740143_759175143_10159608_7096691_n.jpg

This is us camping in the hills to the east of Brasov

DSC01911.jpg

and to the north of Pitesti

DSC01812.jpg

...and this was us in Sibiu just after I asked her to marry me and she said yes!!!

17074_379406595143_759175143_10159589_936292_n.jpg

Link către comentariu

Nice,when you come again to Romania let us know so we can meet to drink a beer or something...for example when you come up north to Maramures i ll provide for you room to sleep in my hotel...when you are in a different town somebody else can help with something else and so on...

Take care

Link către comentariu

thy are here alright :)

Link către comentariu

Nice,when you come again to Romania let us know so we can meet to drink a beer or something...for example when you come up north to Maramures i ll provide for you room to sleep in my hotel...when you are in a different town somebody else can help with something else and so on...

Take care

Thanks Telcean, that is a very kind offer. We keep trying to find time to come back to Romania, we really would love a second home there! :(

thy are here alright :cheers:

Thanks UVeul, can you point them in this direction for me?

Andy

Link către comentariu

...and this was us in Sibiu just after I asked her to marry me and she said yes!!!

;) You are a happy man :D

I am sure you both will have a happy life, so it is time to come back in a big trip to Romania directly.

I can accomodate you in Bucharest, do not hesitate to ask.

All the best to you and your lovely wife.

Link către comentariu

:rolleyes: You are a happy man :)

I am sure you both will have a happy life, so it is time to come back in a big trip to Romania directly.

I can accomodate you in Bucharest, do not hesitate to ask.

All the best to you and your lovely wife.

Thanks Judson :)

Very cool people on here, I obviously only met the tip of the friendly iceberg in Brasov :)

Link către comentariu

the owner of the karmann (leve ) is pacman

the owner of the green bus (seba) is bubnoff

nelu.... don't know :icon_thumright:

Link către comentariu

Uve, you're confusing the nice peoples: leve is actually Levi, the headmaster of the Brasov Classic Rally. Together with Nelu they are struggling hard every year to keep the tradition alive. And they was responsable for scouting gas around Brasov :))

The Nic&Andy team :D What a surprise! Thank you for the SMS, we are glad that you make it trough and arrive home. After all that I told you to watch out here and you was still impress by those places. That's something! Our authorities try to launch Romania on the touristic track using the motto: Romania, the land of choice! Well, I don't know about the rest but here in Romania you certainly choose: to get married :))

Now really, once you get to now it, romania can become a choice, a half-exotic destination, but just like the weed, if you consume too much you might just encounter some side effects :D

For the rest of us worth to mention that when we meet Nic&Andy team of course the questions was just flowing about the bus and about them. When we came to the trip part, we ask them:

"Do you have a gps?"

"No"

"What about the map?"

"We have something, but looks like it was drawn by a child"

"So how did you travel by now?"

"With the road"

The rest is silence :)

Link către comentariu

well ... i've seen you in the pictures...

here is the confusion :D

Link către comentariu

Thanks Seba, good to hear from you too ;)

We loved the beautiful countryside in Romania and the people we met were all so kind and helpful. We tried camping 'free' as much as possible and had two encounters with the police, both times they moved us somewhere 'safer' and looked after us. We met people in Ramnicu Valcea and Brasov who helped us with the postal service for spare parts, and of course you guys in Brasov whpo helped us with camping gas :cool:

Just after we got back to the UK the BBC show Top Gear - I don't know if you get it in Romania - ran a tv show about 'The worlds greatest driving road' and they chose the Transfagarasan Road as the best driving road in the world!! Unknowingley we were about to drive this road but turned round and headed back to Curtea de Arges as our alternator pulley needed replacing :wub:

I have now sold the van to another young couple who have bought it as their 1st aircooled vw and I have bought a '68 1300 Beetle which needs the engine servicing but it is a 1600 twin port :D

beetlwfloorbrakes004.jpg

Link către comentariu

• 5 months later...

I wonder if anyone can help me?

We are getting married in January and would like to serve some Palinca as a toast at our wedding but I am struggling to find somewhere that will sell 10 bottles of Palinca and post to to the UK, does anyone know of anywhere I could enquire?

Thank you

Andy

Link către comentariu

Haha, that's something! :icon_thumright:

It's very nice that you think of having such a special toast but...(always a but) as far as I know it is forbidden to post or to have upon you when you are crossing the border more than 1litre of alcoholic drinks. Moreover, I'm not sure that the shipping companies such as DHL accept to ship alcohol. 10 bottles of good palinca are not hard to be found around here, I guess sending them to UK might be a problem.

Try to ask DHL or similar if they accept such shipping and I'll ask here if is permitted or not to send alcohol abroad.

Keep in touch.

Link către comentariu

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm...what about some of as tripping in UK in our beetle/van/typ3, everyone carriyng 1 lt Palinca for our friend wedding?? wouldn't be nice?

Link către comentariu

Might be an ideea, let's ask if the guest list for the wedding is still open :( I don't know how we can fit ten cars into the plane but I'm sure we can figure out somenthin' :(

Link către comentariu

who said something about planes?!?!?!? ;)

Link către comentariu

• 5 weeks later...

I have a good friend, romanian, living in UK with his wife (he is beetle addicted too ... in Romania he has a 68' blue beetle). As I know there is more than a romanian store there... I ask them for a location or a contact details so I hope you'll find there also "carnati", "sarmale" and many other goodies. "Palinca" (named especially in the North Romania) or "Tzuica" (a South-Romania name) you'll surely find there.

Link către comentariu

Sorry I don't know how I missed all the posts :huh:

The idea of a massive Romanian convoy to our wedding interests me! Our transport to the wedding looks like this:

DSC00599%20-%20Copy.JPG

DSC00624%20-%20Copy.JPG

DSC_0008.jpg

so a few more VW's would be an awesome collection! Hmmm, 2,946km is an awsome road-trip : http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=bolton+abbey&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

I have spoken to DHL and they said 5 litres of alcohol is fine to send within the EU but I would have to contact Romanian DHL for a cost. I have found a Romanian shop in London www.albinuta.co.uk but they don't sell either Palinca or Tzuica. So I am at a bit of a dead-end at the minute :scratch:

Bubnof - love your signature :icon_thumright:

Link către comentariu

• 1 month later...

Tzuica issue sent, received, and solved :rolleyes:

Modificat de judson
Link către comentariu

Judson, nice move :icon_cool: Somebody's wedding will be :drunken: . Well done!

Andy, thanks a lot but there's another Andy that I'm referring to :)

http://www.joke-archives.com/ponder/forrestgoestoheaven.html

We're waiting for some pictures :rr: (please restrict the wedding photographer access to the Tzuica, otherwise will see only lights'n'shadows ^_^)

Link către comentariu

• 1 month later...

Here's a few pictures from our Big day :icon_thumright:

166798_10150371731525144_759175143_16656048_2703042_n.jpg

166423_10150371731675144_759175143_16656052_7688381_n.jpg

168647_10150371731805144_759175143_16656057_4063106_n.jpg

167834_10150371732195144_759175143_16656068_2116754_n.jpg

165388_10150371732545144_759175143_16656078_6522689_n.jpg

180537_10150371753715144_759175143_16656497_2409391_n.jpg

164554_10150371753780144_759175143_16656500_3616913_n.jpg

168495_10150371754105144_759175143_16656509_6385605_n.jpg

166620_10150371755225144_759175143_16656540_8050377_n.jpg

164804_10150371755550144_759175143_16656546_1095905_n.jpg

Thanks again Judson for your help, a little gift is on it's way ;)

Link către comentariu

great cake :) , wish you all the best !

Link către comentariu

• 8 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Hello

My name is Marcel I came from Poland and accidently I found this vwforum. I looking for vw t2 in westfalia version, maby you can help me, how it looks like in Romania? Maby some tips where I can start serching? I found one model but guy doesn't speak english.

Link către comentariu

Pentru a adăuga comentarii este necesară înregistrarea sau autentificarea

Trebuie să aveţi un cont de membru pentru a adăuga comentarii

Înregistrare membru

Înscrierea unui nou cont de membru. Este foarte uşor!

Înregistrare cont nou

Autentificare

Aveţi deja un cont de membru? Conectaţi-vă aici.

Autentificare în cont

• Activi pe această pagină   0 membri

• Niciun utilizator înregistrat nu vizualizează această pagină acum.

Functionarea acestui site este sustinuta de cele cateva bannere afisate intre posturi. Ar fi o placere pentru noi daca ar fi adaugat site-ul nostru in lista de exceptii ad-block in browserul tau. Promitem si veti vedea ca nu avem reclame intruzive si nici deranjante (nimic cu sunet,video sau all-screen). Multumim!